Sunday, July 23, 2017

Recap & 2dp3dt

RECAP SINCE LAST POST:
Unfortunately the last embryo we had (the one from 2015) was no good. I was able to have Natera test it up front with the expectation they would test embryos from our next cycle as well in a process they used to call batching. It was great they were willing to test this one ahead of time because it took the guess work out of what steps we should take next (i.e. FET or fresh cycle). So, long story short, we found out the little guy we had frozen was no bueno - not chromosomally sound. This news was hard to take, but luckily for me I have become a bit numb to these types of things so I was able to pull my head up and start making plans for the next cycle of IVF.....#4 to be exact.

Since the beginning of the year I have done two cleanses and have been doing my best to be as healthy as possible. Gluten-free, dairy-free, no sugar (ish), no alcohol (ish), no caffeine. So hopefully this next round will be successful. I feel as though I have been doing everything on my end to help the process to hopefully grow really healthy follicles. Likely this will be my last cycle and I wanted to make sure I did everything in my power to help the outcome......if that kind of stuff really even does help. I have also be walking more and trying to get myself moving.

I started at the beginning of July: trips to SF, injections, stress......its amazing how quickly all of that stuff comes back to you. Just like that I was taken back to 2015.....IVF is kind like riding a bike. Only now, instead of just worrying about myself I am chasing around the Coconut, worrying about how I will do my injections with her running around, ensuring I have child care for the roundtrips for monitoring appointments and trying to spend time with my family (which includes my 12 step-daughter who has no idea this is going on, and likely wouldn't be too stoked on the idea of yet another sibling - her mom and I were pregnant at the same time and ended up giving birth within 5 fives of each other).

We three previous cycles under my belt I had readjusted my expectations of how I would respond to the stims. Like all of the cycles before I went 15 days of stims. Much longer than the average infertile (lucky me) - but that ok. Like I said - expectation were adjusted. It was looking like there were about 7-8 follicles that would grown to the right size. This is less then previous cycles, but still decent as far as I was concerned. I went in the ER fairly confident things were going to go well, only to find out they were only about to retrieve 5. A lousy 5. Just when I think  I know what to expect, life changes it up for me. What's worst is that only 2 fertilized properly!!! I was spoiled in my previous cycle to have 100% fertilization rate so I was floor to see that only have fertilized. From there, it wasn't looking good.....so my RE recommended we do a day 3 transfer if either of the embryos made it. So I anxiously waited for a call from the lab on day three and was luckily surprised to find out that both are graded 1 (the best) - one was six cells , one was 8. It was go time.

I drove up to SF, was put under anesthesia. This was the second time we did this for  a transfer. The first time was the Coconut's transfer. I think it is the best choice given the complexity of how transfers have gone for me in the past. Easy for me, easy for the doctor to navigate through my completely messed up insides. I woke up and was told everything went great. In face, by the time they transferred the embryos, the 6-cell had turned into 8! I had on-site acupuncture both before and after the procedure right in the same bed the transfer happened. I didn't have to move, which I liked. I know its absolutely crazy but I don't want the embryos slipping out or anything :).

So now here we are 2dp3dt. I tried to say that I wasn't going to obsessively POAS but then I found myself at the Dollar Tree today purchasing 20 test....oops. I plan on testing out the trigger and then seeing what happens. What's hard about  a day three transfer is that you have to wait even LONGER to get a positive result......so not fair. But then again, when has anything been "fair" in this process?

I don't think I feel any symptoms, which I think is about right at this point. However, I did feel a quick sharp-ish cramp/pain down around my cervix and I don't know if I am making it up in my head or not but it feels like I am starting to get alittle crampy....even a small amount of right leg cramps. Its probs all in my head....lets be real.

I don't know what I think just yet. I don't know if I think I am going to become pregnant from this cycle or not. What I do know at this point is that it is going to be a really long two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment